Mountain bike racing starts this weekend in Nebraska with Psycowpath’s Tranquility Tire Tantrum at Tranquility Park in Omaha. Which is located at 124th and Fort.
And to get you prepared for the day there’s a few key things you need to know.
- Online registration closes at 7:00 pm Central time on April 24th. And $10 is knocked off the regular fees.
- There is day of registration, which is 30 minutes prior to your race and an extra 10 bills.
- USAC licensed required for Cat 1/2/3, Juniors, and Marathoners which is $70 for an annual or $10 for a one-day. More information on Psychopath and USAC license requirement at psycowpath.com.
- Not only is there bike race going on there’s a Trail run at 8am.
- 10am cycling events start with men and women Marathon, Cat 3, and Jr races.
- 11:30 the awards for the first round of races.
- Noon – more cycling with men and women Cat 1 race starting.
- 2 minutes later, even more cycling, with men and women Cat 2 race starting.
- 2:30 then to finish the cycling events is the kid’s race. More on kid’s races at psychopath.com.
- 2:45 the awards for second round of races.
- No running water is available. Better bring some.
- The hashtag is #racedirtbeawesome.
There was a question about rain this weekend and how that might affect the race on the interweb’s, well Facebook. Race director Ryan Feagan answered with this on Facebook.
April 23 at 8:46am
Yep, there’s a spot of rain in the forecast. But very little accumulation is expected– less than half an inch, and the (very dry) trail can likely handle it! We never cancel based on a forecast, because forecasts change, and frankly the current forecast isn’t bad at all! But to prep for worst case scenario: if Saturday gets rained out, we push to Sunday. If not Sunday, we push to later in the summer, date TBD. If you sign up and can’t make reschedule, then we’ll credit you fully towards a future Psycowpath event! No risk to you! It’s going to be a great Saturday of racing… new PA, fresh podiums and results board, a new tent, new t-shirts, new medals… come out and #racedirtbeawesome! http://www.psycowpath.com/schedule/tranquilitytiretantru/“
The rest of the of the 2015 Psycowpath Series looks like this:
- May 9 – Platte River Battle Royale – Platte River State Rec Area
- June 13 – Lewis & Clark Crusher – Council Bluffs, IA
- August 9 – Swanson Shootout – Bellevue
- August 29 – Calvin Crest Crankfest & Awards Banquet
You want more information, check them out here:
Feature photo by Michael McColgan.