There are certain precautions that you can take to minimise the dangers, such as biking at a slow pace, wearing a helmet, equipment, and gear, and, of course, using a bike mount. This is especially true if you’re using your “phone for alerts, GPS applications, safety, or even listening to music.
At the beginning of this decade, cycling phone mounts were few and far between. However, now there’s no shortage of Cell Phone and GPS Mounts, Handlebar, Aerobar, and Bicycle Frame Mounts to choose from.
However, based on my experience and findings when writing the resource guide, there are only a few bicycle mounts that are worth your time, your money, and more importantly, your safety. Therefore, we decided to save you time and stress.
Below, we have reviewed and compared the most reliable and safest phone mounts you can choose from in 2021.
1. Rokform Pro Series
- Made of high quality aluminum
- Very secure fit.
- Easy to mount on bike.
- Nice customer service.
- Quite expensive.
- Phone falls down on bumps.
- It might be hard to adjust depending on where you want to mount it.
The most critical factor when choosing the best bike helmet is your head size, along with the type of cycling you are going to do. Whether you are going to use the helmet for long distance road cycling, short city trips, bike-packing, or mountain biking, your head size is a very important factor.
2. Vibrelli Universal Motorcycle & Bike Phone Mount
- Strong stickiness
- Has a no-slip design for safety
- Universal mount
- It’s an innovative mount
- A simple tutorial would be a plus when beginners use this
S7, S6, S5, S4 | Google Pixel 3, Pixel 2 | iPad Pro | Samsung Galaxy Tablet.
The Vibrelli Universal Motorcycle & Bike Phone Holder is one of the safest phone mounts on the market. It provides very strong grip that prevents your phone from falling off the bike, compared to others that are not as strong.
This awesome phone holder is made unique. While most phone holders stick to the back of the phone holder, this one sticks to the upper side and comes with enough no-slip material securely holds the phone in place.
3. GUB Bicycle & Motorcycle Phone Mount
To whatever position you think will be the most convenient.
The stand is compatible with phones from 4.7 inches to 6.5 inches, it is
A wide range of devices.
4. Bike Phone Front Frame Bag Bicycle Bag Waterproof Bike Phone Mount Top Tube Bag Bike Phone Case Holder Accessories Cycling Pouch Compatible
- With a quite portable and slim design, this phone mount works well with any bike, making it a favorite amongst cyclers.
- It attaches securely to the handlebars, keeping your phone within your reach and also preventing it from moving whilst you ride.
- It has a smooth touch control feature that lets you operate your phone with just a swipe of your finger.
- It is very easy to install and comes with a clip for better support.
- There are no adhesive pads or mounts with this mount, meaning that otherwise it sticks well, you need to use your own adhesive pads. This is a minor inconvenience as they can be purchased from any hardware store or online.
- The mount may not work well with large phones, and some users have reported that it might come loose upon riding.
This Bike Phone Mount comes with an adjustable design and a unique touch control feature with an easy installation. It has the capability to attach to any bike and can hold phones of 6.5 inches or below. Its lightweight design allows you to clip it on your bike, so you can use it hands-free. It features a 360 degree rotation to allow you to adjust the camera at any angle.
The touch control panel of the mount lets you control all your phone functions without removing your phone from the mount. It also offers better screen protection than any other mounts in the market.
5. Agoz Phone Bike Mount Holder
- The Agoz Bike Mount Doesn’t Latch Onto Your Phone
- It’s Easy To Remove Your Phone From Its Holder
- It Has A Non-Slip Surface
- It’s A Bit Too Sensitive
- Doesn’t Use Bluetooth
Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, S10 Plus, Edge, Note 9, iPad Pro Air, Mini Google Pixel 2, Pixel 3.
The Agoz Phone Bike Mount Holder is a great choice for those who want to use a phone mount in conjunction with their Garmin or other GPS device. It’s an upgrade on previous versions of this guide, and it’s much more flexible. It can accommodate phones of any size, and it will probably work with your GPS if it’s not too thick.
Many Garmin and similar devices mount to the handlebars in a cradle-style fashion, so another great use for this mount is to attach it to the stem. In fact, this mount can be used on almost any kind of bike, and it will hold your phone tightly, allowing you to use it while riding.
6. Roam Universal Premium Bike Phone Mount
- The Roam Universal Premium Bike Phone Mount for Motorcycle – Bike Handlebars, Adjustable, Fits iPhone 11, X, XR, 8 | 8 Plus, 7 | 7 Plus, 6s Plus | Galaxy, S10, S9, S8, Holds Phones Up to 3.5" Wide, or OtterBox and Lifeproof iPhone and Smartphone Cases, 360 Rotation and Mobile Grip Technology- Neon Green is an angel for those cyclists on our road.
- We all know that there is nothing to do during waiting time and random stoppages. So, one can be entertained with his or her own gadget.
- Taking a group photo with your beloved and enthusiastic friends is an excellent mean to exhibit your memories of the trip.
- The Roam Universal Premium Bike Phone Mount for Motorcycle – Bike Handlebars, Adjustable, Fits iPhone 11, X, XR, 8 | 8 Plus, 7 | 7 Plus, 6s Plus | Galaxy, S10, S9, S8, Holds Phones Up to 3.5" Wide, or OtterBox and Lifeproof iPhone and Smartphone Cases, 360 Rotation and Mobile Grip Technology- Neon Green can help you take a memorable photo on the road.
Or OtterBox and Lifeproof iPhone and Smartphone Cases, 360 Rotation and Mobile Grip Technology- Neon Green.
7. MORPHEUS LABS M4s iPhone 8 / iPhone 7
- This bike kit allows you to mount phones up to 80mm wide.
- It is easy to install and fast to get it off the bike when not in use.
- It comes with a 360-degree adjustable clamp
- The installation of this kit requires you to use a hammer to force the aluminum poles into the plastic sleeve. It takes time and some muscle to make this happen.
- The mount works with the iPhone 7 and the iPhone 8. Other phones have to be cut down so they can fit the mount properly.
- The handlebar grip is slip resistant and the mount can rotate 360 degrees.
This kit comes with an aluminum clamp, a rubber pad, and a rubber handlebar grip with the mount. The clamp is sturdy enough to hold your smartphone pretty securely.
The IRIS M4s fits any type of handlebar, even the carbon fiber handlebar found on carbon fiber bikes. The mount itself can rotate up to 360° and can be used on either the right or the left handlebar of your bike.
The magnet in the mount makes sure your smartphone stays in position without you having to worry about any sort of movement. The slots for the charger cables of your iPhone are integrated into the mount. This prevents them from being damaged during riding.
8. MaxMiles Motorcycle and Bicycle Cell Phone Holder Aluminum Universal Adjustable Phone Mount Smartphone Holder Bike Handlebar Phone Holder
- Adjustable width for all phones
- Lifetime Guarantee Warranty
- Heavy – 0.75 Pound
- Overall Cheap Build
The MaxMiles Motorcycle’s Aluminum Universal Adjustable Cell Phone Mount Holder, is one of the best budget-friendly phone holders. The motorcycle phone holder allows for you to keep your phone and most importantly, keep your eyes on the road, instead of taking your eyes off the road and having to look down at your phone whenever you want to check or dial a number or you need directions.
The MaxMiles Motorcycle’s Aluminum Universal Adjustable Cell Phone Mount Holder securely attaches to handlebars, stem, or any other adjustable interfaces with an inner diameter of 0.98” – 2.28”.
The MaxMiles Motorcycle’s Aluminum Universal Adjustable Cell Phone Mount Holder does not require any setup or assembly to get it installed.
9. Ibera Bicycle Top Tube Phone Bag
- Lots of compartments for organization: 4 areas for phone, 1 main area for other personal belongings.
- Water resistant.
- Phone can be kept on the mount even when the main compartment is accessed.
- Shock absorbing padding for added protection.
- Longer mount required if using bike bag with frame.
- Relatively small size of phone compartments.
The Ibera Bicycle Top Tube Phone Bag is a fantastic choice for anyone needing a handlebar front phone bag for a road, mountain or city bike.
It’s super sturdy and made from PU leather, with nicely padded compartments to keep your phone, wallet and other items protected. The Ibera Bicycle Top Tube Phone Bag has plenty of room for all of the accessories you’ll need while out and about.
Ibera Bicycle Top Tube Phone Bag, Water-resistant Touch Screen Bike Handlebar front phone bag for iPhone XS/XS Max 8/8 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S9 Note, Cellphone Below 6.0 Inch is a versatile product that can be used as a durable bike bag or handlebar phone mount.
10. Lovicool Bike Phone Case Cycling Phone Bag Phone Holder Road Mountain Bike Holder Bicycle Bag
- Wide Compatibility: Specially designed for the latest 6.2inch screen smartphones, it is suitable for most of today’s smartphones.
- Secure Design: Anti-scratch, waterproof, dustproof, drop proof, etc; the perfect protection for your smartphone;
- Quick and Easy Access: Install and remove your phone quick and conveniently with just one hand;
- Multiple Mounts: With the saddle tube mount, handlebar mount and strap mount, you can easily attach your phone into the holder or detach it when you are not using it;
- Wide Compatibility: Ideal also for car GPS and portable GPS.
- Multi-purpose Usage: Provide a great solution for your outdoor cycling activities such as biking, hiking, camping or other outdoor games.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best bike phone holder?
A bike phone holder is a cool accessory that lets you use your phone on the go. All you need to do is place the holder on your bike and attach the phone to it.
Where do you carry your phone when cycling?
You likely don’t want to carry your phone in your shorts or jersey pockets. There are two places on your bike that make the best places to carry your phone.
The first, and the most popular, is on the handlebars. That is where most phones are mounted with an armband case. You get very easy access to your phone while you’re riding, which is kind of the point right?
The second place you can carry your phone is your stem. On most of the road bikes reviewed above, there is a stem mount. If you ride with a mount on your stem, then you have some great options.
First, you can get a stem mount that is made just for your phone, like the options from CatEye or the Quad Lock Sport Mount.
If you are using an armband case in that location, then it tends to be extra secure.
How do I protect my phone with a bike?
Bike calls have become more common, but here are some things to know before you head out into the wilderness with your smartphone.
IPhones have a lot of apps that will help you navigate on the go, but they also use a lot of battery. So if you’re going to use an iPhone, make sure you bring a backup battery. They are small, lightweight easily to carry in your pack or jersey pocket.
Setting up a decent bike mount can make all the difference in your bike experience. Thankfully, there is a vast selection of helmet and handlebar mounts.
Some of the best mounts feature a ball-and-socket design, which allows you to easily adjust your phone to face backward or forward easily.
Other mounts attach to your bike handlebars, allowing you to hold your phone closer to your field of vision, enabling safer operation.
What is the best phone holder for your car?
A few years ago, there weren’t many good options for biking phone mounts. Nowadays, there are many excellent and safe phone mounts you can use in your car.
While some people still prefer the suction cup variety, there are plenty of other options that eliminate the risk of your phone falling down and may even protect your phone from other things that can lead to damage.
A bike phone holder is something everyone who’s an avid cyclist needs. They’re no longer an option. With the proliferation of phones out there nowadays, you’ve almost stopped using them for their intended purpose for having one. All the while, using them to chat with people, listen to music, read new articles, or even take a call and dictate while on your bike can be quite a feat. This guide is meant to help you pick the right bike phone holder for your needs and budget.